What’s in my Bullet Journal – August Monthly Layout

Last Christmas, Santa brought me a bullet journal. I had been researching bullet journal layouts and ideas all throughout Pinterest so I thought as soon as I received mine I would know exactly what to do – I was WRONG. I tried to customize my bullet journal right after I received it however I was just not that into it so I left it alone for a while (sorry Mom! ..I mean.. Santa?). Just recently I started watching videos and searching Pinterest again for bullet journal ideas and this time I just decided that I was going to go for it. I was going to try it out and put my own flair and creativity into my bullet journal and that is just what I did.

Here is a closeup of my August layout

I decided to go for a simple monthly layout that I saw on Pinterest.  I like it because I can see the whole month ahead and I also have space for a habit tracker (I am OBSESSED with the habit tracker idea by the way!). One of the things I noticed when I was looking into bullet journal ideas was how truly creative you can be with your journal and that you can use pretty much anything to make it unique to YOU. I have been into watercolors recently so I decided to paint certain areas with watercolor on my layout. I was SO IMPRESSED with how well the pages held up under the water colors & I am so happy with the final result.apsp-pin-image

One of my favorite things about bullet journals is that there are no rules. You can customize them however you want to suit you. I am so excited that I came back to my bullet journal and all the possibilities that it offers. Do y’all journal or have a bullet journal? What are your go to layouts? I would love to see! Let me know in the comments below <3

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Get my journal here:

8 Comments

1. walkingundaunted

July 27, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Love bullet journals, I have been wanting to start one for a while now. This post just inspired me to consider it more 😊

2. Brittney Ross

July 27, 2017 at 10:28 pm

I love journaling and have always been interested in bullet journaling so this was a really interesting and informative read! Thanks for sharing! Xoxo

3. Sydney Gallimore

July 28, 2017 at 12:01 am

Love the design of your bullet journal! It’s so simple and elegant. I obsess over keeping mine really colorful, but this is a good reminder that sometimes less is more!

4. DailyLifeTalk

July 29, 2017 at 4:04 am

I loved the design of this…I have always to make something like this but I found it time consuming. But this looks simple. Thank you for sharing, love your blog

5. beautyblogger343

July 29, 2017 at 4:47 am

I have never heard of a bullet journal before reading this. What do people use them for? Drawing? It seems like a cool thing looking at yours. I’ve never been very artistic maybe that’s why I never saw one before lol!

6. Micah

July 31, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Hi Laney!!!! I nominated you for a blogger recognition award! Thank you for being supportive on my posts & for offering such great suggestions on your blog!!! Check out my post here on my nomination & how I am paying it forward!

7. What's In My Bullet Journal?

August 17, 2017 at 6:36 pm

[…] bullet journal post. If you have been following along, you will know that I already posted my Monthly Layout for the month of August. Well now I want to show you a weekly layout that I did for this past […]